Wednesday, September 30, 2009

School Field Trip letter

It's just funny to get a letter to parents for the first time. It's a funny feeling because I'm already part of a school-parent relationship which I thought was a very grown up matter. I still don't feel much of a grown up. But at the same time it made me realize that my baby is already starting to be independent from me and creating his little adventure all on his own. I'm sure my little shoolboy would be thrilled to join his first school field trip.

Dear Parents,

This coming Monday, October 5, we will be taking the N-3 and N-2 on a trip to Dubai Aauarium and Underwater Zoo at Dubai Mall. The N-3 and N-2 will be taking a tour of the aquarium and underwater zoo as well as attending the Ocean School Education Program.

Should you permit your child to join the field trip, please duly complete and sign the permission slip below and return to us on or before Sunday, October 4. Children without permission slips will not be alllowed to join the field trip.

Thank you for your cooperation.

With best regards,
DLSM Management

2 comments:

  1. Hi Govinda

    What does a design dancer do?

    Its nice to see school teaching approach change over the years.

    I'm a reporter with Khaleej Times and will look into this initiative by the school.

    What do you think about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Afshan!

    "Design Dancer" is just a fancy name I'd like to call myself. I'm actually a graphic and web designer and illustrator. :)

    Yes, school field trips are good. They give the little ones a sense of freedom from outside the four corners of their classroom while learning new things. They're good for constructing imagination and creativity for the children.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete