Saturday, May 17, 2008

I think it's a _____!

I woke up excited and anxious today. I couldn't even get myself to decide what to wear! Al Rafa hospital is just at the back of our building, so there's really no need for wardrobe panic. But yes, I was restless, wanting to look extra pretty, silently aching to meet the little dweller in my eggbelly through an ultrasound again.

My 1.10yo came with us and enjoyed fooling around with other kids, smiling to nurses and strangers, or swimming on the floor. Of course I got all the stares because of my petite (extraordinary small-sized) frame with my big belly out. But at least with Zaiid around, he's got everything to put on a show, not just his BabyManghud.

We waited for 20 minutes...

The sonographer amazed us with how she does it. She kept going without saying a word. My husband kept pushing me to ask for the sex of the baby. "Still measuring" she replied. Patience please. While she continued to "measure" our little love, we saw complete set of hands and feet, head, spine, and the heart in an orange and blue thunder-like circles dancing and bumping each other... it was another magical sight.

After all the "measuring", the sonographer said she couldn't see what's between the legs and that the baby is in cross-legged position. "C'mon baby let's see what you got..." and I added "
Cge na Baby Manghud kit-a mi beh..." No, she remained poised and secretive. From the sonographer's mouth the words came out:

"I THINK IT'S A GIRL."
My heart skipped a beat. I felt like jumping. I wanted to be sure and asked, "No testicles?"

Although it wasn't a hundred percent statement, my husband and I are convinced. But I don't want to go ahead and shop for little pink stuff anyway, I just want to imagine her in little baby ribbons and flowers. But not over-the-top kind of girly... just a little baby girl holding his big kuya.

I hugged my little boy and kissed him all over. "
Nana ta baby girl Zaiid! Baby girl si Baby Manghud!" His reply was "Ar!" - translates to: I'm happy too Mama! I got a red toy car! I think he's as excited as we are.

2 comments:

  1. i hoped for a girl one who will look up to kuya zaiid and one whom zaiid will take care of... a little all-ribbons-and-sugary-things kind of girl...i hope Babymanghud will be a girl...but whatever gender she/he will be, labs gihapon nato to the limit

    ReplyDelete
  2. dimps, cuteness au imo site =)
    rose

    ReplyDelete