At least our government is recognizing the dying breastfeeding culture in our society. I must admit that I have no idea that formula milk companies have violated the Philippine Milk Code.
In one of the videos being highlighted in Boycott Nestle blog, an introduction states: "In 2003, the National Health and Demographic Survey found that only 16% of Filipino Infants were exclusively fed with mother's milk, a sign that the breastfeeding culture is declining."
It breaks my heart to know that some parents actually believed that their babies will turn out geniuses if they use formula, or that formula has more advanced benefits than breast milk. Anything for formula milk for their newborns. Look what evil advertising brings. It twisted the consumer's minds and made facts out of pure marketing.I have not fully breastfed Zaiid due to my postpartum depression. Unfortunately, I only made it three weeks because I needed to take hard medication which prevents me from breastfeeding. It was a sad way of ending it but some situations needed desperate measures. I was not a perfect breastfeeding mother but I hope I can do better with my second baby.
Love breast milk, no to formula!






No comments:
Post a Comment